

Germinating plants. It's what David and I prayed about last night. It seems trivial, but when your crops actually bear fruit, it is so awesome, in the truest sense of the word. I really am more thankful to God for my food when I grow it.
David and I worked together to make a home for yellow squash and zucchini (I bought the lumber and he made the box). It was fun and Isaac thought he was such a big guy helping daddy with the screws.
My dad advised me to buy seeds instead of already growing plants...I hope it works (I know it does, but I've not tried planting my own before-at least not since elementary school ).
So here's the list: 3 kinds of annuals: (I feel annuals are a waste of money, sorry, it's true, but they are pretty), zucchini, yellow squash, chives, oregano, sweet basil, and thyme. These are all from seeds.
I also bought these plants:
Three types of tomatoes: Roma, Patio (small salad type), and some sort of bigger ones...I'm not interested in the details really, I just want the tomatoes. :)
Raspberry plants: 2 of them. I read today that they don't produce in their first year, stinky!
I really like the Azalea plant I bought...it's bright hot pink flowers are so pretty (and personally I feel that if you live in Summerville, South Carolina and you don't have an Azalea growing in your yard by the time the Flowertown Festival starts, then you need to live somewhere else!--I am totally joking, but you should get one-even if you're not from S'ville). :)
When plants grow, it's like my yard is shouting God's glory; it's absolutely amazing!
Hope everyone is planting something...

3 comments:
Love your blog! Just found it! We planted a garden once...tons of work, but really neat project. I planted tons of jalepenos...don't know why...but we had tons of them! Barrett was about your little one's age and he bumbled around the garden while we worked. Fun family times!
Sounds like so much fun, Caryn! I wanted to plant a garden with my children this spring, too, but we're leaving to be in the states for four months. We can plant when we get back though with the warm climate here. Thanks for the encouragement! It does give God such glory to watch things grow and see all of the spiritual truths in seeds and growing plants. Looking forward to seeing you this summer!
Ok- I am slow at reading the blogs- and my computer had a virus.... excuses. But I love to see things grow as well. We did finally get warm weather and have put in some beans and squash- Isaac should be here just in time to pick grapes with his cousins! Watch those raspberries-- they will take over! :-)
Post a Comment